FMS SPECIALTY COURSE...
This Specialty Course provides the attendees with the required knowledge in order to perform Standard Terminal Arrival using Flight Management System (STAR FMS), RNAV FMS non
-precision Instrument Approach Procedure design, including the missed approach and RNAV Departure procedure design. The course also includes FMS STAR linked to ILS Final Approach.
This training includes practical exercises to provide the students with hands-on practice in drawing
different FMS Arrival, approach and departure procedure models. The course includes:
- Lectures on FMS arrival, FMS approach non- precision and FMS departure procedure specifications.
- The construction of FMS STAR, RNAV FMS non-precision instrument approach and departure procedures.
- The use of an application software for defining waypoints, tracks and distances.
- The application of FMS STAR, FMS non-precision and FMS Departure computation worksheets.
- The course duration is 10 training days for a total of 80 training hours.
- The student's knowledge is tested by practical examinations.
- The course is rated pass or fail.
Copyright ® 2000-2014 MDA AVIATION - All rights reserved.
Please contact our Webmaster with questions or comments
rev. 01 December 2014