- Aeroplane Category A to E, and Copter only
The GPS course will provide the attendees with the required knowledge on the Criteria for the Development
of Instrument Approach Procedures, in order to perform GPS Instrument Approach Procedures design and RNAV en-route and Departure procedures. The training includes:
- Lectures on GPS Feeder, Initial, Intermediate, Final, Missed Approach segments and Turn Expansion Areas and Departure procedure;
- Practical exercises on GPS approach constructions and Turn Expansion Areas;
- Construction of straight, turning, and combination of straight and turning Missed Approach
- Segments and obstacle assessment;
- Demonstration and practice of a computer application for finding waypoint definition, tracks and bearings;
- Construction of GPS Instrument Approach Procedures and RNAV Departure procedures;
- The course duration is up 10 training days for a total of 75 training hours.
The GPS for Helicopter only will cover the FAA 8260.32A for the copter criteria. This part may be taken in conjunction with the GPS course Aeroplane or taken as additional training.
Copyright ® 2000-2014 MDA AVIATION - All rights reserved.
Please contact our Webmaster with questions or comments
rev. 01 December 2014